This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Are there any default or custom templates to detect number of users on Always On VPN (RRAS)?

I have a statistics graph set up on our dashboard for DirectAccess.

It looks like this:

DA-.JPG

I want to make the same thing for Always On VPN.

It looks like the component used to pull back the connections for DirectAccess is this:

datasw.JPG

I'm trying to do the same thing with Microsoft RRAS VPN - Total number of active AOVPN connections. Does anyone know of a template that does this?

• This one may help. It is who is connected and when they connected and disconnected. 

This an ASA type VPN

SELECT [data].[OrionNode].[DisplayName] AS [DisplayName],[data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[UserName] AS [UserName],toLocal([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[ConnectedTime]) AS [ConnectedTime],toLocal([data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[DisconnectedTime]) AS [DisconnectedTime],[data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[InTotalBytes] AS [InTotalBytes],[data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[OutTotalBytes] AS [OutTotalBytes],[data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[RasProtocol] AS [RasProtocol],[data].[RemoteAccessSessions].[ClientInfo] AS [ClientInfo],[data].[InstanceSiteId] AS [InstanceSiteId]
    FROM orion.asa.node AS data

• Thank you. I ended up creating a component monitor that pulls a performance counter from the server. I will post that answer as well.

• Here is the solution I came up with:

1. Create a new Application Monitor Template.

2. Add a new Component Monitor.

3. Name the monitor something meaningful, like "Total number of active Always On VPN RRAS connections"

4. Make the component type Performance Counter Monitor.

5. Enter the following info:

Counter: Total Connections

Category: RAS Total

linkedout_0-1585609527586.png

When you create this template and assign it to a node, you'll see the following result under the Components section of the assignedapplication monitor:

linkedout_1-1585609677685.png

You can then create a custom chart based on this component that shows the number of connections.

linkedout_2-1585609789146.png