cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

Application shows as down for unamanged server

It would be nice to not show an application as down if the server is unmanaged.

I had a monitored server go down and will be rebuilt so I unmanaged it. However, in the APM it still shows the application as being down. So now I have to go and delete the server from the APM and reassign it when it comes back online.

A lot of work - couldn't these be linked some how?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to go and delete the server from the APM and reassign it when it comes back online.

I agree this is a real pain too.  There needs to be a simple way to disable/enable and app without having to delete and re-add them regardless of status of the node.

0 Kudos
Level 19

The APM "job engine" that does the polling will stop polling when it sees that a node is unmanaged.  It should go to "unknown", not down.  How long has it been? 

We may be able to change this in the next version.  What would you expect it to show?

0 Kudos

It finally showed unknown but would prefer it to show as unmanaged or not show at all.

Why this came up was that I had created a report for all down applications and put it on the summary page that our helpdesk and sysad's use. It will show only those app's that have failed so they can see at a glance what is down. When I unmanaged the server it still shows that there is an issue with an application - it just now shows it as unknown. I would prefer this not to show at all unless there is a down application. I don't want to change the logic because there have been times when an app will be in transition and show unknown legitimately.

Make sense?

0 Kudos

Yep.  We'll consider creating an "unmanaged" state for v2.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

"unmanaged" would be my preference.  And resolved in V2 would be great too.  The app should inherit the status of the parent Node except, obviously, when the app itself changes status. 

0 Kudos