Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Application Status Alerts

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Just wondering if it possible to change the alerts that SAM provides when an application alert is active?

When nodes and groups alerts are active, the alerts provide all the necessary information to know what is actually affected.

However as soon as the application alerts are activated for being down or critical, there is little to no information of the affected node.

This is even made worse when the alert is transferred to Alert Central.

Here are some snapshots to show what the issues are:

SAM Summary:

2014-10-23_10-21-51.jpg

SAM Alerts:

2014-10-23_10-22-59.jpg

Alert Central Email:

2014-10-23_10-23-52.jpg

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 17

Have you tried using any of the Component* variables ?

SAM-Application-Alert-Variables.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 17

Have you tried using any of the Component* variables ?

SAM-Application-Alert-Variables.png

View solution in original post

Hi Holy, no I have not and not even aware of it.

Will investigate if further and see where it leads me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos

Okay well now I am completely at lost with how SAM sends alerts to Alert Central

No matter what I have attempted to change in the "Variables" it seems to have no change to the alert being provided by Alert Central.

It seems that only the details in Alert Subject within Alert Sharing will be seen in Alert Central, but nothing else.

2014-10-27_11-54-53.jpg

2014-10-27_11-59-54.jpg

In fact I have deleted all variable in Trigger Actions and still am receiving my original issue.

2014-10-27_11-55-20.jpg

So am still attempting to understand where Alert central is getting it's alert details from SAM.

In summary, if I can change the details of the Alert Central Object details to something that is useful to the end user ie: Node details, then I would be very happy.

Thanks for any assistance.

0 Kudos

All good now.

Holy put me in the right direction and by using the Variables was able to adjust the Alert Subject.

0 Kudos