cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Application Not Licensed

Jump to solution

What does it mean when an application you are monitoring has "not licensed" beside it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

This means you've assigned more applications to be monitored than you have Component Monitor licenses for. You can view your license status under [Settings -> SAM Settings -> SAM License Summary]

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

This means you've assigned more applications to be monitored than you have Component Monitor licenses for. You can view your license status under [Settings -> SAM Settings -> SAM License Summary]

View solution in original post

Since upgrading to SAM 6.6, we have been getting these warnings, even with unlimited licensing.  I have an open case with SW Support. 

It seems to show up for unmanaged application  monitors/component monitors.

I've also seen it on improperly configured application monitors that Orion cannot successfully execute.

Another issue that I'm seeing is that if an App Monitor fails, and you fix it, and you successfully test it, that you cannot get the Monitor (even after polling) to go back to "green".  Unmanaging the application monitor, remanaging it, and then forcing a poll may work.  But, on at least one monitor, I instead now get the licensing error.

SW Support found:

We noticed that the issue why the licenses are not being mapped to the component monitors is because of your module engine that is not working properly.  What we did is to repair the core services and completed the configuration wizard.

did this resolve the issue completely?

We are also seeing the error for application not licensed even though there are enough... i saw it twice and its a fresh installation with NPM 12.2, SAM 6.6 and VMAN 8.2

0 Kudos

Just to update, in my case it was NTP sync issue...

Once we resolved that, this stopped happening...

0 Kudos

Even if you have an unlimited license?  I just got one actually the second one since I upgraded to 12.2 and SAM 6.6.

There is a known issue with SAM 6.6 causing this message to appear improperly when Application Dependency Mapping (ADM) is enabled. To resolve the issue, I suggest disabling ADM. If that's not an acceptable workaround, please contact support

Unfortunately , the same issue is happening with me in Orion 2020.2 . Did contact support team involved on my case but not resolved the issue . All application monitors are showing unknown and not licensed. However we have did repair/restart services/server also support team reactivated the all licenses but no resolution so far.

0 Kudos

This was resolved for after excluded the below location in SEP.

• C:\Inetpub\SolarWinds\*
  • C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\*
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SolarWinds\*
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\*
  • C:\Windows\Temp\SolarWinds\*
  • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys\* 
0 Kudos

aLTeReGo ,Has this actually been fixed in a later release? We'd love to start using this feature but ran into this issue and had to turn it off.

0 Kudos

chadsikorra  wrote:

aLTeReGo  ,Has this actually been fixed in a later release? We'd love to start using this feature but ran into this issue and had to turn it off.

This issue should now be resolved. jvb​ may have some additional insight as to the oldest version containing that fix.

0 Kudos

Thanks aLTeReGo​ I was having the same problem with a new SAM 6.6 and this was the fix for me.