cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Application Monitor test hanging - How to debug?

Jump to solution

I have a Linux/Unuix Script Monitor component that is alerting when it should not be.  If I run the script directly on the server, it returns promptly with a success value.  If I edit the application monitor for that check on the server in question, then run a test, it just hangs, never returning.

I have checked /var/log/waagent.log on the server, and there doesn't appear to be anything in there regarding the check.

I am still fairly new to SolarWinds/SAM, so I am at a loss as what to do.  Where else would I look to figure out what is going wrong?

Thanks in advance....

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MVP
MVP

You can try turning on the debugging for that application monitor, then you can review the SAM debug logs.

• If you are running an agent on the server and the application monitor is set to Agent polling, the log will be on the remote server.
  • If you are not running an agent, or the application monitor is set to Agentless polling, the log will be on the SolarWinds server
  1. Edit the application monitor and under Advanced, enable the Debug logging. 
  2. Go to the application and force a Poll Now (or run a Test)
  3. Look in the following directory for the log - it should be in a sub-directory called AppID# where # is the Application ID in SolarWinds./opt/SolarWinds/Agent/bin/appdata/Logs

shuth_0-1596031280957.png

Full instructions here: https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Turn-on-application-debugging-for-SAM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MVP
MVP

You can try turning on the debugging for that application monitor, then you can review the SAM debug logs.

• If you are running an agent on the server and the application monitor is set to Agent polling, the log will be on the remote server.
  • If you are not running an agent, or the application monitor is set to Agentless polling, the log will be on the SolarWinds server
  1. Edit the application monitor and under Advanced, enable the Debug logging. 
  2. Go to the application and force a Poll Now (or run a Test)
  3. Look in the following directory for the log - it should be in a sub-directory called AppID# where # is the Application ID in SolarWinds./opt/SolarWinds/Agent/bin/appdata/Logs

shuth_0-1596031280957.png

Full instructions here: https://support.solarwinds.com/SuccessCenter/s/article/Turn-on-application-debugging-for-SAM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for the information!  It turns out I may have found the underlying problem already, but that is good to know.

0 Kudos