cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Application Monitor Demo Runtime Error

We are demo'ing the app monitor and it installs, though when started errors with:
Runtime Error '339':
Component 'OrionReportView8.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid.
I've rerun the Configuration Wizard to no avail...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Level 10

I also reinstalled the demo - same problem.

0 Kudos

hmm. You can try an Add/Remove Programs -> REPAIR to see if this clears up.  

If not give this a try...bring up a command prompt and go to the

Windows\system32 subdirectory and type the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>regsvr32 OrionReportView8.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32>regsvr32 OrionReportView8.ocx

This may register the needed files  Let me know if this clears the problem.

0 Kudos

hmm. You can try an Add/Remove Programs -> REPAIR to see if this clears up.  

If not give this a try...bring up a command prompt and go to the

Windows\system32 subdirectory and type the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>regsvr32 OrionReportView8.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32>regsvr32 OrionReportView8.ocx

This may register the needed files  Let me know if this clears the problem.

I am having the same problem. I have tried, repairing the install, uninstall-reinstall(and redownloading the install) with the same results. I tried to manually register the dll and ocx files but it fails and says the specified module cannot be found. I searched all the local drives for that file and it cannot be found. Can you post both the dll and ocx files and I can try to register them. I am not sure why they never even installed.

0 Kudos

Repair didn't work - it was looking for a .tmp file in user temp folder. CMD line reg fails because it can't find the file(s). I copied it to windows\system32 and re-reg'd and it seemed to work. Though when starting the app the same thing happens. I uninstalled  the demo, installed it again, same problem.

0 Kudos

I've attached the file. See if adding this helps....

0 Kudos

same problem - I registered the one in system32 first, then the one in the program files. I did a search for the DLL - THAT I didn't find. Can you attach that one? And what directory should these be in - system32 or the prog\sw\orion etc... 

0 Kudos

try this directory prog\sw\orion directory- still searching for the DLL-

0 Kudos

registers fine (screen) but still fails with the same result... I bet it's the DLL (if the file exists...) if it's a dependency to the *.ocx file.

0 Kudos

What else do you have installed on that box? Are you trying this with the 8.5 beta?

I've looked into the dependencies for that OrionReportView8.ocx file. The two likely culprits are vsflex8.ocx and vsflex8L.ocx.Those two should be installed in the Orion install directory. If they’re there, make sure that those files are registered by running regsvr32 on them. Another possibility comes to mind – the OS might have an older version of MDAC, which could potentially cause a problem.What OS + Service Pack and what MDAC version are you running? The version number is in this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\DataAccess\FullInstallVer If the MDAC is below v 2.7, definitely update to the latest MDAC release.
0 Kudos

All files were registered correctly - same result.
MDAC 2.82
Orion 8.1 (with applicable hotfixes) and the TFTP Server.
Windows 2003 Std R2 w/ SQL Server 2000 Std (SP4)

0 Kudos

Ok when in doubt download the install again... I guess I may have had a corrupt zip file from the first DL - this time it installed and ran perfectly. Thanks for the support Mark.

0 Kudos