cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

Application Dependency Mapping in SAM 6.6 and History on Latency

Jump to solution

We upgraded to SAM 6.6, and started adding some Application Dependency Mappings.  We are seeing some potentially concerning latency in some connections, and are trying to determine if it's an on-going issue, "normal" latency for that connection, etc.  One of the first things I was asked for is a history of the ADM connection - specifically the latency setting.  I do not see how to view that, I don't see it in the documentation, I can't find it in the logging for the new feature, and I don't see where it is stored in the database.  So, I'm assuming this is not there?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

While talking to SW Support I asked about this, and they also said that there was no history... yet.

Please vote it up here -

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 8

Hi jdumke,

In our environment, we had enabled "global application dependency polling". Also had Deployed Orion agents to nodes that host applications we want to monitor, still we are unable to get any data. Kindly help !!!

Regards,

Devendra B

0 Kudos
Level 12

Just curious if anyone is able to get ADM working correctly to show the latency or packet lose between nodes without turning off stealth mode which Microsoft states to not do?  Support is stating this:

We have 2 options for this issue. Either stealth mode needs to be disabled on any and all nodes you want connection quality on. If you cannot do this then it is recommended to disable connection quality information for ADM since it is unable to retrieve this information properly without disabling stealth mode.

I am trying to get a better understanding of this issue with ADM and Stealth Mode in Windows Firewall.  Our security team will not allow us to disable Stealth Mode; can we still get mapping information, but not connection quality information?  Can you globally disable connection quality information in ADM?

0 Kudos
Level 11

While talking to SW Support I asked about this, and they also said that there was no history... yet.

Please vote it up here -

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 16

You are correct ADM does not store any historical information.