This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Appinsight for Exchange errors after upgrading to SAM 6.2.1 and NPM 11.5.2

I had a previously working Appinsight for exchange configuration on SAM 6.2.0 and NPM 11.5.1. I decided to upgrade to SAM 6.2.1 and NPM 11.5.2, per Solar Winds support to correct an 'unknown' faulty counter that is removed by upgrading to SAM 6.2.1. I now get an error I can't connect, even though I verify that credentials and appinsight configuration are successful. I see it has instructions to verify WinRM, but confused as this was working fine prior to upgrading, and re-running configuration shows success?

Appinsight Error post 11-5-2and6-2-1 upgrade.PNG

Appinsight config success.PNG

• I logged into one of the targets that is now reporting the connection error from Appinsight, and WinRM is already configured and running from the previously successful configuration before upgrade. My previous post showed results of having re-run configuration post upgrade too, showing success, so not sure the instructions on the error will make any difference or bork the running configuration. We do have plans to reboot all 7 members of the DAG this weekend, as some are requesting reboots to complete agent installs, but this individual member is not, and was already rebooted to complete agent plug-in install.

WinRMrunningonappinsighttarget.PNG

• So this is an agent managed node in Orion?

• Roger that. Correct.

Doug Hilbert

System Engineer, Data Services

Sent from my iPhone

• rebooting members of the DAG completed the agent plug in installs, but still getting same error. I've opened a ticket with support. Any other insight or suggestions you may have to correct this?

• Is it at all possible that the role/permissions for the Exchange user account used for monitoring has changed?

• No. it’s used internationally across multiple orion instances. I noticed the problem immediately after upgrading to the latest versions, so am attributing it to that as last known change.

I’m working with support, but they asked for a couple of logs. Which I was able to find only one, and appears to have no errors. What other questions should we be asking, we have a major user migration coming up in a week and need to get this working again for stats and reports.

This email is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure and may also be protected by copyright. Unauthorized use, retention, dissemination or copying is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies of this e-mail and any attachments and notify the sender immediately by return email. Thank you.

• What version of Exchange are you running and what operating system version are you running it on?

• Exchange 2013, Windows 2012 R2

• Please verify the PowerShell virtual directory is set to the proper location in IIS.  It should to be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\PowerShell" not something like "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\FrontEnd\HttpProxy\PowerShell"

I would also suggest removing and recreating the PowerShell Virtual Directory on the Exchange server and re-running the "Configure Server" button. Rebuilding the PowerShell Virtual Directory can be easily done by completing the following steps. 

To remove/delete the PowerShell Virtual Directory

Get-PowershellVirtualDirectory | Remove-PowershellvirtualDirectory

To recreate the PowerShell Virtual Directory

New-PowerShellVirtualDirectory -Name Powershell -RequireSSL:$False

• Look like correct path. If you can’t see screenshot, I went to IIS/sites and under ‘Exchange Back End’ show path as C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\PowerShell