This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsights for IIS stopped working correctly on 9/10/2020 any Ideas?

I updated Solarwinds to 2019.4 on 8/18/2020.  The update removed some indexes from the Solarwinds database and caused 78GB of SQL fragments to fill up the C drive on the SQL server.  I worked with one of our DBAs to fix and it looks like something broke AppInsights for IIS - all instances are showing that AppInsights is down but they are not.  I opened a ticket with Solarwinds FIVE days ago and someone got back to me and we did below and it did not fix anything.  I wanted to reach out here to see if anyone else has had this issue and if they were able to fix it.  If not I guess I am waiting on support.  Thanks - Dave

It took sometime for us to get back to you. I understand where you are coming from so let's get started right away on your case.

Please perform these steps.

1. Stop Orion service from Orion Service Manager on all Servers
  2. Navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data
  3. Rename the file PollingController.sdf to PollingController.sdf.old
  4. Copy the file PollingController-Blank.sdf and paste on the same folder
  5. Rename the new copied file to PollingController.sdf and right-click it, select properties and untick read only
  6. Navigate to the folder C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine.v2\Data
  7. Rename the file JobEngine35.sdf to JobEngine35.sdf.old
  8. Copy the file JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf and paste on the same folder
  9. Rename the new copied file to JobEngine35.sdf and right-click it, select properties and untick read-only
  10. Start Orion service from Orion Service Manager on all Servers