This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsights for Active Directory - Account Lockout Question

This is a follow up question from my post last week about strange database growth in my Solarwinds database. 

Last week I saw the Solarwinds database start growing but 10GB a day to over 30GB a day and was not sure why it was growing exponentially until we did some digging and found that there was an account that was locked out on a domain controller and it was trying to login every 30 seconds or so.  We took Solarwinds offline for about 8 hours to clean up the database. 

We are currently just using AppInsights to monitor AD and not do any kind of alerting but maybe I need to on that part of the template? 

It almost happened again on the 31st but the DBA's saw the database growth in DPA and were able to head this off before it filled up another drive. 

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!