This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight making huge IIS log files

I am new to using Solarwinds.  I pushed AppInsight for Exchange out to all my Exchange 2016 servers.  I am seeing a lot of good information, but on each Exchange server, IIS is using 100 times the disk space for IIS logs as it did before installing AppInsight.  Does AppInsight need these IIS logs in order to function?  Can I disable IIS logging from AppInsight while maintaining IIS logging from Exchange server?  If so, how would I do that?

Thank you very much for your help with this.

• BUMP! We have the same issue as our IIS Logs is growing for 51 MB per log file and it accumulates to 126GB just for one folder of our IIS logs in exchange.

This will also cause IOPS if each every seconds a powershell command is executed by Appinsight for exchange. Thanks!

• texexpat  wrote:

I am new to using Solarwinds.  I pushed AppInsight for Exchange out to all my Exchange 2016 servers.  I am seeing a lot of good information, but on each Exchange server, IIS is using 100 times the disk space for IIS logs as it did before installing AppInsight.  Does AppInsight need these IIS logs in order to function?  Can I disable IIS logging from AppInsight while maintaining IIS logging from Exchange server?  If so, how would I do that?

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Hey Logan,

Just checking in - did you ever file a support ticket for the issue you were seeing?

• mat12  wrote:

BUMP! We have the same issue as our IIS Logs is growing for 51 MB per log file and it accumulates to 126GB just for one folder of our IIS logs in exchange.

This will also cause IOPS if each every seconds a powershell command is executed by Appinsight for exchange. Thanks!

Same question for you - did you end up filing a support ticket for this?

• Hi serena

Thanks for checking in.

Yes, i already submitted support ticket yesterday: 00440955