cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

AppInsight for Exchange - Remote Configuration Failed

!!!RESOLVED!!!

After rereading all the support articles it looked like the issue was caused by the authentication providers being in the wrong order within IIS

Hey everyone

I've been having a pretty horrific time with AppInsight for Exchange the last few days.

I deployed 2 new exchange 2013 servers in our environment, And they are identical (except for the obvious things like IP address and hostname ). I added them both to Solarwinds and added the AppInsight monitor to them, the first server added fine and AppInsight kicked in straight away but the second server is giving me this nonsense.

pastedImage_1.png

Regardless of which credentials I use the "TEST CONNECTION" button just spins as "Testing..." and never finishes and the "CONFIGURE SERVER" button just gives me pastedImage_2.png

I've tried every troubleshooting article I can find online and tried configuring the server manually but I still can't get this to add.

can someone give me some advice before I snap? haha

12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: AppInsight for Exchange - Remote Configuration Failed

Hey scott.mcallister

Have you tried to manually configure the server manually? Check this link for exhaustive details:

Manually Configuring Exchange Server

Often, when you get issues like this with no concrete error message returned, it'll be something to do with either PoweShell on the remote host or WinRM (either end), double check these! As you mention you have got the first Exchange 2013 in with no problem, I doubt it's a problem with the polling engine itself, unless the two nodes are managed by different ones.

Go through that document, and let us know how you get on!

-Jez Marsh
Highlighted

Hey,

Yeah I tried all the manual configuration steps already

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Sometimes tweaking the settings under the obscure > Advanced drop down works for AppInsight config drama.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pastedImage_0.png

There isn't really much in the way of options and I've been through them all

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have had some really fun AppInsight issues with the self signed cert part with both IIS and Exchange AppInsights I would check there as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

yeah  I had thought of that but i couldn't grasp why 1 server would work fine and 1 wouldn't when they were built exactly the same

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

wrote:

yeah  I had thought of that but i couldn't grasp why 1 server would work fine and 1 wouldn't when they were built exactly the same

Did you end up generating a support ticket on this one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey

Yeah I did 00455900. Had a senior engineer respond earlier asking for a log file.

Scott

Sent from Nine

Highlighted

Have you ruled out the possibility of network firewalls or Windows firewall getting in the way? There are two PowerShell commandlets that may help with this troubleshooting step:

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName <String> -CommonTCPPort WINRM

Test-WSMan -ComputerName <String>

Depending on your security configuration, you may need to specify credentials or the -UseSSL parameter. Good luck!