This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight for Exchange - I/O Read & Write Counter Issues

Hi Folks,

Been a while...

This kind of relates to what is in the link below, but unless this one was resolved through a ticket to the SAM team it doesn't look to have been fixed?

AppInsight for Exchange - I/O Log Writes Average Latency Thresholds

The issue we are seeing is that we are getting alerted for either "I/O Log Writes Average Latency" or "I/O Database Reads Average Latency" despite Solarwinds admitting that the server is not actually ever hitting the thresholds that are configured.

As an example:

Our  "I/O Log Writes Average Latency" check is configured for 10ms latency warning/critical over 15 consecutive polls. We frequently receive alerts for this check but upon looking at the statistics for the server I see that it hasnt ever got anywhere near that value for a single poll. See below screenshots for evidence of this:

Settings:

pastedImage_1.png

Statistics:

pastedImage_3.png

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am looking at setting up perfmon on the target servers to check this over and confirm Solarwinds' stats.

Thanks in advance

Rob