This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AppInsight Missing Disk Performance Counters

Good Afternoon

I am monitoring the node via WMI and with correct windows and sql credentials. 

However I am missing some important customer performance counters such as number of reads, number of writes, and latency.

Any idea on how to get their metrics?

Thanks

attachments.zip
  • Is the SQL server being monitored using SQL credentials or Windows credentials? The metrics included in your screenshot are not available via SQL directly, and must be gathered from the operating system itself. This is determined when AppInsight for SQL is first applied to the node. You will likely need to remove and reapply AppInsight for SQL to this node using Windows credentials to authenticate to the SQL server before these metrics will appear. In the case of these metrics, the node polling method is irrelevant as some users prefer to monitor their hosts via SNMP. As such, these statistics are tied to the credentials assigned to AppInsight for SQL. 

• Thank you for the explanation!  The template uses an SQL credential.  Our network team uses NPM yet server team has only recently begun to consider using SAM.  I have been testing various application templates but this one was added a while back.  I will add it again so we can take advantage of all its features!