This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Anyone monitoring the Office365 Service Communications API?

Is anyone out there using the JSON template to monitor the Services Communications API for outages within the cloud?

I am starting on this path now.  I am NOT a programmer so with alot of help I'm hoping to get there.

Let me know if you want or need this as well...

• if you need to...  You have to register your app (Orion) with your Azure AD.  Directions are here:

Get started with Office 365 Management APIs

• We used the sample JSON scripts to pull the data, although it is not via an Orion component.  Our plan is to use a PERL script to parse the data into messages an alert can easily digest...

• We have been tasked with swinging collection of Exchange metrics from SAM agents into Azure as we migrate to Office 365, and from the sound of crickets I hear after you posed this great question, it would appear that none of the big brains at SolarWinds have figured out how to provide support for this functionality yet.

Once again I'm forced to look at other vendors for a solution to a need that should have been anticipated by an obvious market trend.

While we're not afraid to script around a minor shortcoming here and there (we've been doing with NPM and SAM for many years); it would be nice to answer my senior management with a YES when they ask if we can address a new monitoring need from the business with our existing tools... We are not seeing a commitment to evolve the Orion product family to extend into the cloud, and that may be a grim portent.

• I am in the same boat. I don't have even a basic code skill set but I know this is possible. MS has released APIs that are for monitoring O365 health, I just need to find someone who can help me understand how to use the SAM JSON template to call these APIs and report the health back. Sounds easy but its been a challenge to find examples. If you find any, please share, I will do the same.

I am on my 4th vendor meeting this week and disappointed we have to consider a 3rd party solution when I know Orion could do this for us, probably better. I can share my vendor scorecards if you are still searching and we don't find an answer here on Thwack.

• I have just wrapped up our 7th or 8th vendor review for a similar product. Nothing gives us what we are looking for to be honest. There are a few that get you up to the front door and give you a few fancy NetPath sort of views/data but nothing with the hard data we need. I have WPM and have been trying to get some basic user transactions working to go in and check a mailbox or something with no luck. I am no Azure expert but I think (and a smarter coworker suggested) its something to do with how our Federation Services are set up with SSO and auto redirection. I can't seem to get a static path for WPM to follow. I keep getting prompted at random to select if its a personal or work account which is just enough to throw WPM off the rails. If you would like any of the vendor notes I collected PM me. I am happy to share but I can tell you we have yet to find that golden ticket.