This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerts: responsible team needs to = Orion.NodesCustomProperties.department

Using the SWQL, for traversal to get the names, 

I am trying to always make Orion.AlertConfigurationsCustomProperties.ResponsibleTeam = Orion.NodesCustomProperties.Department.

In my specific case we call that  property Business_System, but its a Node Custom Property.

The reason for this is the way that the built in alert view works for our Watch/NOC/Call Center, whatever phrase that pays.  When I make views for them to see the business_system they are read only.  The write view for  lack of a better term is under alerts, and they have have responsible team. I know I can create another custom property. 

Bottom line we built our alerts to trigger of node names to tell the noc who is responsible by department. We don't have a network, DB, specific application team, it is a bit more convoluted then that.  I cannot imagine we are the only ones with this conundrum.

SQL or SWQL answers are fine.

Thank you