This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting on Volumes Question

Greetings THWACK looking for some thoughts on alerting for volumes

Current Setup

I have three custom properties setup with floating point numbers for my volumes so I can set per node what full is.

martian_monster_0-1604002129937.png

I also have setup a custom property to assign a node owner for alerting on each node.

martian_monster_1-1604002243604.png

I setup three different alerts for Warning, Critical, and full.

So say the drive space shoots up to 98% full which to send out just one alert and not all three? I think there probably is but I am not sure where to start looking for instructions. 

Thanks -Dave

• I use the Custom SQL Alert (Advanced) option under Trigger Condition and use the following query:

SELECT Volumes.FullName, Volumes.VolumeID FROM Volumes

INNER JOIN [dbo].[VolumesForecastCapacity] ON volumes.caption = [dbo].[VolumesForecastCapacity].instancecaption
    INNER JOIN nodes ON nodes.nodeid = volumes.nodeid
    WHERE volumes.volumepercentused >= [dbo].[VolumesForecastCapacity].WarningThreshold
    AND ([dbo].[VolumesForecastCapacity].CurrentValue < [dbo].[VolumesForecastCapacity].CriticalThreshold)
    AND volumes.VolumeType iN ('Fixed Disk','Mount Point','FixedDisk','MountPoint')
    AND nodes.UnManaged = 0

There's probably a better way, but I haven't seen any posts on it.

• Hello  ,

is correct, you just need to fine tune 2 alerts (Warning & Critical) amongst the 3 that you have setup.

I setup three different alerts for Warning, Critical, and full.

1. Volume Full Alert - Trigger condition -> Volume Utilization % => Volume Full %

2. Volume Critical Alert - Trigger Condition -> Volume Utilization % => Volume Critical % && < Volume Full %

3. Volume Warning Alert - Trigger Condition -> Volume Utilization % => Volume Warning % && < Volume Critical %

• Defining the range for each threshold/severity also works well for me.