This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alerting different groups about downed components

I'm having some issues setting up my advanced alerts to send only certain APM component alerts to certain groups in our IT department. The way I would like it to work is as follows. 1. By default all APM component alerts go to the core server team unless otherwise specified. 2. If the application name contains vmware, exchange, SQL, etc. I want to filter those alerts out for the core team and build separate rules to send only those alerts to the correct teams. Attached is how I am doing it now, but as I add more application groups it feels like this is not going to scale well. How is everyone else doing it? I have also tried creating a group of all my application types but then I couldn't find a way to trigger the alerts off of the group.