cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Alert variables for API pollers

Jump to solution

Hi,
We have started using API Poller to monitor Azure PAAS (Web Service).
Single API Poller has multiple metrics it collects, and to each metric we can assign thresholds.

The problem I have is that I can't seem to find a variable to add to alert email which would say which metric has breached the threshold and what the value of the metric is.
Is this not supported yet? It seems like pretty key thing, otherwise the alerts are very generic.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 10

@robert.poreba It is supported by creating User-Defined Alert.

1. Go to Manage Alerts page

2. Add new alert

3. On the 2nd step (Trigger condition) of the wizard select: "I want to alert on" - "API Poller Monitored Value"

4. On the 5th step (Trigger Action)  of the wizard create action "send an email/page" and in message field click "insert variable"

5. Select "show variables for" - "API Poller Monitored Value" and than select variables you need (metric and name are the ones you mentioned).

APIPollerMonitoredValuies.png

Let us know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 10

@robert.poreba It is supported by creating User-Defined Alert.

1. Go to Manage Alerts page

2. Add new alert

3. On the 2nd step (Trigger condition) of the wizard select: "I want to alert on" - "API Poller Monitored Value"

4. On the 5th step (Trigger Action)  of the wizard create action "send an email/page" and in message field click "insert variable"

5. Select "show variables for" - "API Poller Monitored Value" and than select variables you need (metric and name are the ones you mentioned).

APIPollerMonitoredValuies.png

Let us know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot Jan, this worked perfectly

0 Kudos