cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Alert to notify if SNMP is not responding?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just had a question from our Hosting department about setting up an alert if SNMP stops responding or sends the same data for like 100 polls?

Apparently our server was green and said everything was okay, however the server wasn't and the applications that we were monitoring over SNMP were down however it was responding that it was up and they had to reinstall the SNMP service.

1 Solution
Level 12

Alert on Nodes that stopped responding to SNMP here is a nice thread with some solutions and tweaks .. everyone kinda does it a little different

Alert me when a managed node last poll time is 10 minutes old

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 12

Alert on Nodes that stopped responding to SNMP here is a nice thread with some solutions and tweaks .. everyone kinda does it a little different

Alert me when a managed node last poll time is 10 minutes old

View solution in original post

Thank you I believe this is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Level 12

There are a few alerts that people created for this as well as some other checks .. here is one I found to get you started

Re: NPM does not alert when a Windows device goes unresponsive when polling method is SNMP

Level 13

I have not been able to find a direct way to do that, however if you change the Status and Response Time polling method from ICMP to SNMP, the node will report down if SNMP polling stops working for that node. If you choose this method you may wish to change the text of any related alerts accordingly. You can change this on a node by node basis under the node's List Resources page, or globally under the Manage Pollers page under Settings.

status-response-time.png