This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert show only two decimal places

What I need to do, to the alert shows only 2 decimal places.

For example:

Variable: Statistic data: ${StatisticData}

Result: Statistic data: 5,84696769714355

I need that show only 2 decimal places

• Check out this page. HTH

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/sam/default.htm#OrionAPMPHFormulaExamples.htm

Specifically this:

Truncate

Truncate({value},{number of decimal places})

Truncates a monitored value to a designated number of decimal places.

I think this is what you're after:

Truncate(${StatisticData}, 2)

• Thanks for the answer dear emoticons_wink.png
    Let me explain better... I'm using the Advanced Alert Manager, when I set the Trigger Action

NetPerMon Event Log: Statistic Data: ${StatisticData} it shows Statistic data: 5,84696769714355

What I need put on the place of ${StatisticData} to show just 2 decimal places? (the complete Syntax for Advanced Alert Manager)

• I try to replace with Truncate(${StatisticData}, 2), but dont worked

img1.jpg

img2.jpg

• Sorry, I was mistaken, HERE's the page I was looking for:

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/en/flarehelp/sam/default.htm#OrionAPMAGConversionValue.htm

This might clear things up. For a script monitor, you can enter the formula I mentioned earlier so the output can be truncated to 2 decimal places. Hope this is what you're looking for.

sam.png

• In this example I used the variable ${StatisticData} to explain

${SQL: Select CAST (${StatisticData} AS Decimal(18,2))} %  (for numeric)
    (18,2) = number of places before and after the comma

or

${SQL:Select Substring ('${StatisticData}',1,4) AS StatisticData} %  (for a string)

('${StatisticData}',1,4) = selects a substring, in this case from first to fourth character, with the comma

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to starstruck

Did you ever figure out how to make the decimal show? The Truncate(${Statistic},1) does not work. We tried it several different ways, to no avail.

Tainã Rodrigues

• sbramlett

Hello,

I use this way:

${SQL: Select CAST (${StatisticData} AS Decimal(18,2))} %  (for numeric)

(18,2) = number of places before and after the comma

or

${SQL:Select Substring ('${StatisticData}',1,4) AS StatisticData} %  (for a string)

('${StatisticData}',1,4) = selects a substring, in this case from first to fourth character, with the comma

This will work for a message in Advanced Alert Manger.

• Hi,

I tried following html format but i got following message.

<font size="4" face="Verdana"><u><b>Storage Details:</b></u></font>

Storage Manufacturer  = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=Manufacturer}</b>
    Storage Status    = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=OperStatusDescription}</b>
    Storage Model    = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=Model}</b>
    Storage Name     = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=Name}</b>
    IOPS Value     = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=IOPSTotalThreshold.CurrentValue}</b>
    Throughput Value   = <b>Truncate(${N=SwisEntity;M=BytesPSTotalThreshold.CurrentValue},2)</b>
    Throughput Value   = <b>${N=SwisEntity;M=BytesPSTotalThreshold.CurrentValue}</b>
    Throughput Value   = <b>${SQL: Select CAST (${N=SwisEntity;M=BytesPSTotalThreshold.CurrentValue} AS Decimal(18,2))}</b>
    Throughput Value   = <b>${SQL:Select Substring ('${N=SwisEntity;M=BytesPSTotalThreshold.CurrentValue}',1,4) AS StatisticData} %</b>

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Message Detail;

Storage Manufacturer = EMC Corporation

Storage Status = Error

Storage Model = DMX4-24

Storage Name = 000290103038

IOPS Value = 72.8887405395508

Throughput Value = Truncate(538749.8125,2)

Throughput Value = 538749.8125

Throughput Value = ${SQL: Select CAST (538749.8125}

Throughput Value = ${SQL:Select Substring ('538749.8125',1,4)} %

• I found the SQL macro requires a FROM statement in order to function correctly. In this context it can be from any table since you are only applying an operator to an alert variable value.