This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert on an Application Monitor Template

Newbie here...

I've created a SQL-based Application Monitor Template.  It has a Component Monitor of type SQL Server User Experience Monitor. Within the Component Monitor I have a SQL Query which returns a value. This value is evaluated in the Statistics Threshold and set to Warning at X and  Critical at X+4000.

I'm lost at how to email alerts on these Statistic Threshold evaluations.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thx.

• You set the Warning and Critical threshold in the template.

Then, create the alert based on the status of the Application.

Here is an Oracle table space monitor alert and component I alert on in this way.

1. Template Configuration - warning and critical thresholds.
    pastedImage_0.png

2. Alert Configuration - critical threshold breached - send me an alert.

pastedImage_2.png

Also, since you are alerting on a component essentially, its nice to use the Component statuses in email alerts - here is what I do for component alerts to get those stats for app teams.

${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentName} is ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentAvailability}
    Current statistic count is: ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.StatisticData}

${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.DetailsUrl}

Alert name: ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}