This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert on Elapsed Time Since Up?

So I'm fairly new to working with Solarwinds, SAM & alerts, so please excuse any ignorance. emoticons_happy.png  I have a few HTTP(S) Monitor components that I recently noticed show NULL values for response time and have 1 day or more in the "Elapsed time since last up" field.  The Solarwinds admins are looking for a root cause for me, but in the meantime I would like to alert on any component that has a long "time since up" value.  When trying to design the alert I am only able to find "Last time up" which is looking for an exact date and time.  Any idea how I can alert on the elapsed time instead?  If the solution is with SQWL I will need a bit of guidance as I am really new to that.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

• So I thought I had gotten close with the SWQL query below, but I can't quite get it to work:

SELECT Component.Uri, Component.DisplayName FROM Orion.APM.Component AS Component
    WHERE Component.[Application].[ApplicationAlert].[ApplicationName] LIKE '[[]MW]%'

AND MinuteDiff(Component.[ComponentAlert].[LastTimeUp], Component.[CurrentStatus].[ObservationTimestamp]) > 15

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

• Got it!  Should alert if the Last Time Up is more than 15 minutes ago.  Will probably adjust it to ignore Unmanaged nodes or Applications, but it's working for now.

SELECT Component.Uri, Component.DisplayName FROM Orion.APM.Component AS Component
    WHERE
    MinuteDiff(Component.[ComponentAlert].[LastTimeUp],  GetDate()) > 15