This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert me when a component comes up

Hello all,

We recently setup an Exchange 2007 cluster with two Exchange 2007 servers.  One is in active mode while the other is in passive mode.  I would like to setup an alert that will fire when two Exchange components start on the passive Exchange server.  This ofcourse will alert me that the active server has failed and that the redunant server has started properly.  Additionally I would like to disable the "Alert me when a component is down" option for these same two components since "down" would be their normal state.  Any help would be appreciated.

-Rob

• Assuming you're currently monitoring the passive Exchange server in NPM, this should be relatively easy. You should simply create an advanced alert that triggers if a) the node name matches and b) any of the two Exchange components come up. On the flip side, you could modify "Alert me when a component is down" so that it triggers only when the node name doesn't match the name of the passive Exchange server.

Hope that makes sense and if so, give it a try. If you run into any trouble, let us know.

• Sorry for not replying sooner, I haven't had a chance to go back and check this.  Your suggestion worked great.  Thanks....

-Rob