cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Alert configuration object type changed from Orion.APM.Application to APM: Application in Solarwinds 2019.4

Jump to solution

I have an alert definition that looks for applications whose status has recently escalated from Warning to Critical. Specifically, the alert trigger looks for active alerts on applications where AlertConfigurations.ObjectType = 'Orion.APM.Application'. This alert stopped working when we upgraded our Solarwinds apps to 2019.4 last week. While troubleshooting, I found that the ObjectType of application-based alert definitions is now "APM: Application."

Is this change permanent, or is the ObjectType going to change back to Orion.APM.Application in a future hotfix/update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

m-milligan  wrote:

I have an alert definition that looks for applications whose status has recently escalated from Warning to Critical. Specifically, the alert trigger looks for active alerts on applications where AlertConfigurations.ObjectType = 'Orion.APM.Application'. This alert stopped working when we upgraded our Solarwinds apps to 2019.4 last week. While troubleshooting, I found that the ObjectType of application-based alert definitions is now "APM: Application."

Is this change permanent, or is the ObjectType going to change back to Orion.APM.Application in a future hotfix/update?

Hi Martin,

Apologies that this change broke your alerts. There was indeed a change, but there is a migration script that was written to migrate your existing alerts that is executed during the configuration wizard portion of your upgrade. There may be a naming convention or some data that was not taken into account in how you've structured your alerts. If you could share details on the alert that failed to migrate that would be helpful. There should be no further changes on the naming structure and that won't be reverted.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

m-milligan  wrote:

Hi Martin,

Apologies that this change broke your alerts. There was indeed a change, but there is a migration script that was written to migrate your existing alerts that is executed during the configuration wizard portion of your upgrade. There may be a naming convention or some data that was not taken into account in how you've structured your alerts. If you could share details on the alert that failed to migrate that would be helpful. There should be no further changes on the naming structure and that won't be reverted.

View solution in original post

Level 13

Hi Serena,

You are correct - this used a custom query that spelled out the name of the object type, which is why the migration script didn't touch it. I don't have any other custom alerts that do that. As long as the name of the object type doesn't change again, this alert should be OK