cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

Agent Issues saying multiple IPs exist

Jump to solution

I have a box that is being monitored by an Agent. This is a linux box that only has a single IP address configured to it. However, the agent (or SolarWinds) says that the box has additional IP addresses.

2020-07-21_14-03-19.png

The problem is that I have another box at 172.20.5.37 that needs to be monitored. I can't monitor that box because when I do, this box thinks that it's down. It's like the two are associated. I need to remove both 172.20.5.37 and 172.20.5.39 from being associated with this box. Any suggestions on how to do that?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

I was able to resolve this issue. I did confirm that there was no reverse DNS issue and the additional IPs assigned to the node by SolarWinds weren't associated with the node. I ended up removing the two conflicting nodes. I then added the nodes back in without an issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

on the unis server, what do you get when you enter the command 
hostname -I | awk '{print $1}'

Also check forward and reverse lookups of both hostnames and ip addresses to rule out a DNS issue.

I was able to resolve this issue. I did confirm that there was no reverse DNS issue and the additional IPs assigned to the node by SolarWinds weren't associated with the node. I ended up removing the two conflicting nodes. I then added the nodes back in without an issue.

View solution in original post