Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Advanced Alerts with Custom Properties Variable

Jump to solution

Hello,

I've setup a custom property on the node level that tells which email group should notified incase of an alert. This seems to work fine on basic alerts like Node down but when trying to use it on an advanced alert for APM (Application is critical) the variable is not being replaced.

Is this due to the fact that it's an advanced alert or a custom property on the node? How could I due this with APM alerts?

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 11

How are you calling the variable?  ${Node.PropertyName} works on all our triggers whether it be NPM, APM, UnDP (Node) etc. 

(this is on NPM 10.0 / APM 3.1)

Andy.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 11

How are you calling the variable?  ${Node.PropertyName} works on all our triggers whether it be NPM, APM, UnDP (Node) etc. 

(this is on NPM 10.0 / APM 3.1)

Andy.

View solution in original post

That was it. I thought I could call it the same way as I did on the other alters, ${PropertyName}. Didn't think to reference it by the area ${Node.PropertyName}.

Thanks,

Shaun

0 Kudos

I made that mistake a few times too because originally the alert manager did have (still does?) a variety of general properties in just ${PropertyName} format, e.g. ${NodeID}.  I think it was the move from 9.5.1 to 10.0 that introduced the ability of having any Property usable (which is a god send as we had some awful looking actions that had to use ${SQL..} queries to access the data).

Andy.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Smithchell--

Moving to the APM forum.

M

0 Kudos