This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding Oracle databases into SAM

I'm having some problem on adding my Oracle database server into SAM. When adding the node, Oracle wasn't shown automatically for me to select the resources. When I tried to add application monitoring manually, there's no way for me to configure separate password & listener port of my databases.

In summary, I have an Oracle database server which hosting several database instances. These databases are having different Oracle binary files, different system logins, different listener name & port.

How am I suppose to go about adding it into SAM?

• Hi,

When i have added Oracle database Monitoring using the SAM template before you will need to update the connection string for each of the databases and reference the instance as part of the template.I imagine youd then be able to deploy different templates for each database instance even though they are on the same node

you can also specific different user accounts and permissions for different permissions to tables etc. 

obviously you will also need to make sure the ODBC Data sources are installed on the solarwinds server to connect. this an be downloaded from the customer portal.