This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding OS Cluster IP as node for monitoring custom services in Solarwinds SAM

Hi Experts,

Can i add a cluster OS IP as node for monitoring some application services in SAM. When i am trying to do that the test fails. My requirement is i want to add this Cluster IP bcoz i have two servers in cluster & some custom services running on the server. When the fail over happens from one node to another ,Solar winds should be able to monitor the custom services from other node. I have already configured for SQL but it does has option  through AppInsight for SQL template.. Can it be done for OS Cluster also ?

Thanks,

Orwin

• You can absolutely do that, in fact, that's generally recommended.  We have all our MS SQL clusters setup in that fashion.  We add the IP address for the cluster group, and make sure the name stays as the cluster group name at the end, for example VPSQL001.  If you set it up like that, Solarwinds won't care where which node the resources are on, as long as they are there and running.  You say "the test fails", what does that mean? Do you get an error? What is it?

• Hi Jonathan,

That was what i thought. But strangely i have both nodes currently being monitored via WMI using a Admin Account.But when i try to add the cluster IP & try to give the same credentials the test fails.

• I was able to configure it after checking the permissions. Cheers to Solarwinds,i am enjoying using it !!

• What kind of error? Can you screen shot it?  We've had issues with WMI if the PTR records are invalid, or are missing completely, that's now one of our "go-to" troubleshooting steps, along with Windows firewall, but the fact that you can monitor the individual node IPs suggests that [firewall] is not an issue.