This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

AWS monitring Using API Poller

Hello All, 

We are planning to bring AWS RDS into monitoring, using SAM API poller.

Could you please help me with this.

Have gone through the documentation, it makes me more confused.

https://documentation.solarwinds.com/en/Success_Center/SAM/Content/SAM-API-Poller-How-It-Works.htm

• Could you provide any sample endpoint you want to monitor? What authentication method is used by AWS RDS API?

• I would like to pickup where this left off. Would the endpoint for API polling of the RDS instance be the RDS instance endpoint itself? If yes, I can get past the authentication stuff.

My question is what the POST request would look like? Do you have any examples for grabbing some basic metrics of the RDS instance (similar to the SAM AWS RDS template)?

I am trying to use the SAM AWS RDS template but it has a problem with locking the powershell files in the AWS PS module, limiting how much the template can be assigned. I'm think API polling would work better.