This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APM with Additional Web Servers

I am having an issue getting my additional web servers communicating with the new APM on my polling engines. I have two additional web servers which give me the error below when I navigate to the Application Performance Monitor on the additional web servers. I have had a ticket open with support trying to get a resolution for well over a month and cannot seem to get much help. I've uninstalled IIS, reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Orion web console, reinstalled APM web console. I even built a new server and installed the orion web console and apm web console and get the same error.

Does anyone have the APM working correctly with additional web servers? Are your servers all joined to the same domain? Did you have to do anything special to get them working?

Orion Website Error

An error has occurred with the Orion website.

Additional Information

System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: The server has rejected the client credentials. --->

System.Security.Authentication.InvalidCredentialException: The server has rejected the client credentials. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception:

The logon attempt failed

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Security.NegoState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult

lazyResult)

at

System.Net.Security.NegotiateStream.AuthenticateAsClient(NetworkCredential

credential, String targetName, ProtectionLevel requiredProtectionLevel, TokenImpersonationLevel allowedImpersonationLevel)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeProvider.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeInitiator.OnInitiateUpgrade(Stream

stream, SecurityMessageProperty& remoteSecurity)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeProvider.WindowsStreamSecurityUpgradeInitiator.OnInitiateUpgrade(Stream

stream, SecurityMessageProperty& remoteSecurity)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.StreamSecurityUpgradeInitiatorBase.InitiateUpgrade(Stream

stream)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.InitiateUpgrade(StreamUpgradeInitiator

upgradeInitiator, IConnection& connection, ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IDefaultCommunicationTimeouts defaultTimeouts, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.SendPreamble(IConnection

connection, ArraySegment`1 preamble, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.DuplexConnectionPoolHelper.AcceptPooledConnection(IConnection

connection, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionPoolHelper.EstablishConnection(TimeSpan

timeout)

at

System.ServiceModel.Channels.ClientFramingDuplexSessionChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan

timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan

timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan

timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open()

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage

reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&

msgData, Int32 type)

at System.ServiceModel.ICommunicationObject.Open()

at SolarWinds.APM.Common.APMBusinessLayerProxy.Connect()

at SolarWinds.APM.Common.APMBusinessLayerProxy..ctor(String host, String port, HandleBusinessLayerException exceptionDelegate)

at SolarWinds.APM.Web.BusinessLayerFactory.Create()

at SolarWinds.APM.Web.ApmApplication.GetAllObjects()

at Orion_APM_Resources_Summary_NoApplicationDefined.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)

at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)

at Orion_ResourceContainer.ResourcePlaceHolder_DataBind(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding)

at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind()

at System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren()

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean

useDataSource)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind()

at Orion_ResourceContainer.DataBind()

at Orion_APM_Summary.OnInit(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean

includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• I wish I could help.

I'm still having issues just getting APM for the additional web server made available to me on the download portal. The support ticket has been open for two weeks now - and I've been told it has been added twice (but it's still not there).

Original support ticket for this was #40439, now it's currently #41237 (if any kindly passing Solarwinds tech wants to have a quick look). 

Once I get it, I'll let you know if I see the same kind of issue.

Dave.

• We did have provisioning issues with this in some accounts not reflecting correctly in the customer portals. I'll give this a nudge and next time do not hesitate to mention this sooner ;-)

• This is the exact same errors we are getting with the WEB CONSOLE installed on the additional web server.  We have a case opened, but no response yet to the issue.

Does anyone have this issue resolved yet?

Michael

• I'm also having an issue with the APM Additional website (although my error is different again).

Here is the first few lines of what I receive when selecting Application Performance Monitor from the additional web site...

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:01:00'. ---> System.IO.IOException: The write operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException: The socket connection was aborted. This could be caused by an error processing your message or a receive timeout being exceeded by the remote host, or an underlying network resource issue. Local socket timeout was '00:01:00'. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

I have support ticket 44532 open for this.

Dave,

•  Is that the right support ticket number?  That case doesn't seem to be related to APM.

Does this only happen on your additional website?  That is, it works fine on the main website?

• Oops -  #44523 is the correct ticket number (sorry!).

Yes, this only occurs on the additional website, the main website is working fine. Support have provided a process to work through - although I won't be able to take the website down to do this until this evening (Australian time).

Sav. 

•  Can you check that the additional website and the main poller are in the same windows domain? it can explain this connectivity issue between the APM additional web console and the module engine located on the main poller.

-Yann

• Yes, They are both part of the same windows domain.
  • Yes, ours are also part of the same windows domain.

I also ran through the process support suggested (recreating the web site) which resulted in the same issue. On the positive side, support indicated that they have re-created our issue - which is great (and will obviously assist them in solving this issue),

Sav.