This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APM - Want to monitor a website for a word or set of words and if found, create an alert

Hey there,

Just to get it out of the way, I have logged a ticket with the support team as well, I am posting on here.  Both for the need to get this issue resolved quickly and also, when I have the answer I'll be able to provide it here for others to read if they're having the same issue.

As my subject states, I am trying to monitor a website.  On that website if a certain word or string of words is found I would like to have APM alert.

The wording on setting this up using the webpage monitor template leaves me a little confused.
The tech that replied to my ticket suggested:
"This can be done by setting up a HTTP Monitor to monitor that web site. A HTTP Monitor will request that page, and check the returned page to see if the configured phrase shows up on the site. If the phrase exists, the Monitor can be considered as Up. You can also set this up to "Fail is Found", so if the phrase exists on the page, the site can be marked as Down."

I am in fact looking for a step by step process on how to accomplish this as I will need to do it on a number of sites.

Thank you very much, guys!