This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APM Polling Details (Also known as Component/Application Frequency and Timeout)

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello Thwackians-

I have an interesting problem and I need to see if anyone else has done this already.  Please see screencaps. Note that this first one is for NPM, but I need to have something like this available in APM! Meaning, I need to see the Application polling settings displayed within the Application Details screens.   Did I miss it in the 'Customize APM Resource View'?  Is there some hidden function that will bring this out of the "admins only" edit screen (See bottom screencap) into the Application Details or Component Details screens?  Do I need to go away, get a good night's sleep, and then come back and it will be there?  An Engineer wants to know!  

Thanks,

Mike B. 

• You didn't miss anything. Similar information is displayed on the Component Details page. This information is not currently available as a resource at the application details level. With some finagling it may be possible to get the information you're looking for through the Report Writer and then embed this report as a Report Resource on the Application Details page. 

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to aLTeReGo

Hi AlterEgo-

Thanks. Do you think I will need to grab it from the APM_ComponentTemplateSetting table and do some kind of 'INNER JOIN'?  Or is there a variable available?  SQL 'Finaglers' are you out there?   ;)

-Mike

• The information is stored in the APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting table or the APM_ApplicationSetting if overridden.
    It’s stored in a format of key/value pairs.

• FormerMember

Thanks AlterEgo

• FormerMember

Hi aLTeReGo-

I am having problem with an INNER JOIN query using your suggestion.  I want to harvest the Frequency and Timeout from the Key column in the APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting table and then match it to the APM applications in the APM_Application table.  Can you or anyone help? 

The DB Manager doesn't like this query: 

SELECT

APM_Application.TemplateID,

APM_Application.Name,

APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.ApplicationTemplateID,

APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.Key,
    APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.Value,
    APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.ValueType

FROM
    APM_Application, APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting

INNER JOIN APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting

ON APM_Application.TemplateID = APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.ApplicationTemplateID

WHERE

APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.Key="_Frequency" AND APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.Key="_Timeout"

It is stating " Incorrect Syntax near the keyword 'Key' "  

I have narrowed it down to this phrase:   APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting.Key="_Frequency"    I think!  

I appreciate any help. 

Thanks,

Mike 

• "Key" is one of reserved keywords in SQL so it needs to be surrounded with brackets when it is meant as column name, so you need to replace all ".Key" by ".[Key]" in your query.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Petr.Vilem

Thank you very much, Petr!  

I also removed the 'WHERE' and everything below it to produce the results. 

Thanks everyone!  

• I want to harvest the Frequency and Timeout from the Key column in the APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting table and then match it to the APM applications in the APM_Application table.

You need to include APM_ApplicationSetting table because these parameters inherited from template can be overridden on application level. In addition to this default values (300, 300) are used when they are not specified in any of those two levels:

SELECT
        APM_Application.TemplateID,
        APM_Application.ID,
        APM_Application.Name,
        ISNULL(ISNULL(asFreq.Value, atsFreq.Value),300) as Frequency,
        ISNULL(ISNULL(asTimeout.Value, atsTimeout.Value),300) as [Timeout]
    FROM
        APM_Application
        LEFT JOIN APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting atsFreq ON APM_Application.TemplateID = atsFreq.ApplicationTemplateID AND atsFreq.[Key]='__Frequency'
        LEFT JOIN APM_ApplicationTemplateSetting atsTimeout ON APM_Application.TemplateID = atsTimeout.ApplicationTemplateID AND atsTimeout.[Key]='__Timeout'
        LEFT JOIN APM_ApplicationSetting asFreq ON APM_Application.ID = asFreq.ApplicationID AND asFreq.[Key]='__Frequency'
        LEFT JOIN APM_ApplicationSetting asTimeout ON APM_Application.ID = asTimeout.ApplicationID AND asTimeout.[Key]='__Timeout'

• I've taken the liberty of putting Petr.Vilem's hard work above into an Orion Report Writer report which can be downloaded at the link below.