This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

APM JMX connection via SSL

We are in the process of testing APM JMX connectivity via SSL. We understand the configuration on the server side (Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=true)

however, we are not sure if Solarwinds APM supports JMX SSL connectivity. If this is possible would someone please provide an example

configuration.

Thanks..

• Here can be found some documentation: Platform Monitoring and Management Using JMX

Are you able to configure Jconsole for connection to your SSL enabled server? If yes, then it should be possible also for JMX bridge (service used by APM for JMX polling).

For example if you need this command to run Jconsole to be able to connect:

jconsole -J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=truststore -J-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=trustword

then equivalent modification of SolarWinds\Orion\APM\jmxbridge\jsl\jsl.ini file (configuration of JMX bridge service) would be from default:

[java]

jrepath=%APM_HOME%\jre6

jvmtype=client

params = 4

param00 = -cp

param01 = %APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\SolarWinds.JMX.Bridge.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\log4j-1.2.16.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\wlclient.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\wljmxclient.jar

param02 = -Denv.allusersprofile=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%

param03 = com.solarwinds.jmxbridge.Service

to:

[java]

jrepath=%APM_HOME%\jre6

jvmtype=client

params = 6

param00 = -cp

param01 = %APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\SolarWinds.JMX.Bridge.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\log4j-1.2.16.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\wlclient.jar;%APM_HOME%\jmxbridge\lib\wljmxclient.jar

param02 = -Denv.allusersprofile=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%

param03 = -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=truststore

param04 = -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=trustword

param05 = com.solarwinds.jmxbridge.Service

• Thank you Petr. I do use the command you referenced. I will attempt to test the configuration tomorrow.

• Hi Petr, Just wanted to let you know the configuration works for me in my environment. Thanks again!

• Thank you for confirmation!