This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

API poller - polling frequency & origin of request?

I am curious about two things regarding the new API poller features:

1. How often does the API poller collect data? I can't see any settings for it in configuring the API poller or on the Solarwinds Admin page.

2. Where does the HTTP GET/POST come from? I've assigned a test API poller to a single node of a cluster we are running, and I wasn't sure if the request came from the agent, or from the polling engine the agent is assigned to check in to? 

I started looking into the API poller on 2019.4 because I had a developer who wrote an output that summarizes the health of our system as a "1" or "0" response. This really isn't going to give a ton of data now, but if we know this is available I can direct our developers to surface more statistics that we can use to better troubleshoot their equipment.