This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

API Alerting

I am using the API Poller to get some logs from Okta Syslog. I am pretty much just monitoring the overall value of how many logs. I have the alert metric setup to if it is above '1', then the status is critical. This seems to work fine, if the value changes, I see the metric value change.

Now for alerting. I want an email alert every-time the value changes. I do not know how to do this.. The value is always going to be equal to 1+, so with my current logic, the alert is triggering every-time is checks. I don't care if it is always active, but I just want one email. If the value changes again, I want another email. Hope this makes sense. I am also going to look into a PowerShell script that monitors for this value, I can then build in some logic, but would like to use this API Polling feature.

I am pretty sure this is all alert logic, help appreciated. 

Addition fun: Anyone have the API alert variables? 

attachments.zip