cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

AD Map Connections

Jump to solution

I'm trying to create an AD map similar to the one on the SolarWinds demo site. The DC's have AppInsigh for Active Directory on them, and I see the replication links etc when I view the Active Directory page. However, if I add two DC's to a map and click the link option there is nothing under configure?

Any ideas what's going on here?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

@lufffunk Just to validate - AppInsight for AD and the Replication Widget do not create a connection automatically in Orion Maps alone. In order to have Application Connections showing, an agent running on each of those systems is needed. Then the following is enabled under properties for the node - 

image.png

If you have enabled the Application Connections and it is building the dependency, but you are missing the latency/ packet loss, you may still need to configure connection quality settings which is not a map feature. Check under Settings > Product Specific Settings > Application Connection Settings.

jblankjblank_0-1598629062219.png

jblankjblank_0-1598629206855.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Product Manager
Product Manager

@lufffunk Just to validate - AppInsight for AD and the Replication Widget do not create a connection automatically in Orion Maps alone. In order to have Application Connections showing, an agent running on each of those systems is needed. Then the following is enabled under properties for the node - 

image.png

If you have enabled the Application Connections and it is building the dependency, but you are missing the latency/ packet loss, you may still need to configure connection quality settings which is not a map feature. Check under Settings > Product Specific Settings > Application Connection Settings.

jblankjblank_0-1598629062219.png

jblankjblank_0-1598629206855.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos