This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

A discovered node will not list resources (Credentials not valid).

I have had numerous nodes (< 20 out of 5000 or so) in the last 3 months report that they are unavailable to list resources.

The nodes are discovered auto'magically' and when I configure for monitoring, they pass the snmp test.

When I try to interrogate by listing resources, I will occasionally get the following:

<nodename> is currently down, unreachable, or provided credentials are not valid.

What is odd is that if 20 VM guests are created from the same template, 1 or 2 will complain in this way.

WHY?

• I have a problem where it never lists resources when modifying or adding new devices. I was told to upgrade NPM. We currently have 10.3 RC and this has been an issue ever since the change to that software

• I can't say I've seen this specific issue before. If it's consistently failing for the same nodes it may be something specific to that monitored host. If it's a Windows server I would check the Windows Event Log to see if the SNMP service is crashing and restarting. If this is a Linux/Unix host check the messages log. If the problem is sporadic across all managed nodes, then you should probably open a case with support so we can take a look through your diagnostics and see what's going on.