This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

adding subtotals and total to report

New user here …still trying to learn what some of you already know.  I've created a report that groups by End of Service.  So I get multiple nodes within each group.  Great.  Now I would like to add subtotals to each group, otherwise I have to count each line item - that's too painful.  I would also like to put a total number at bottom of report that sums each subtotal.  I'm only familiar with the web interface - I'm using version 2019.4.  Any thoughts?  Possibly I can use SWQL or SQL to help accomplish?  Maybe I just a summary table at end of report?  An example would be:

End of Service              Node                <===column headers

12/31/19                       xyx123

xjh123

xcc432

Subtotal: 3

1/31/18                         xjj321

xbn123

Subtotal: 2

Total: 5

• Ok … I couldn't get exactly want I wanted.  Below is what I did.

Added to Content Sections to the report.

1) Summary Results for all the Nodes (using the same data elements):  Used the date and then caption fields, using the data aggregation "count" for caption.  This gave me:

Date           Number of Devices (I changed name from Caption)                  <==== column header

12/31/18    20

02/28/19    13

2)  I added to Total Count to the report by using the Date field and just doing a aggregation "count".  This gave me:

Total devices per this report (again I changed the heading name)             <===== column header

If anyone has a better idea … I'd welcome input.