cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

adding subtotals and total to report

Jump to solution

New user here …still trying to learn what some of you already know.  I've created a report that groups by End of Service.  So I get multiple nodes within each group.  Great.  Now I would like to add subtotals to each group, otherwise I have to count each line item - that's too painful.  I would also like to put a total number at bottom of report that sums each subtotal.  I'm only familiar with the web interface - I'm using version 2019.4.  Any thoughts?  Possibly I can use SWQL or SQL to help accomplish?  Maybe I just a summary table at end of report?  An example would be:

End of Service              Node                <===column headers

12/31/19                       xyx123

xjh123

xcc432

Subtotal: 3

1/31/18                         xjj321

xbn123

Subtotal: 2

Total: 5

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

Ok … I couldn't get exactly want I wanted.  Below is what I did.

Added to Content Sections to the report.

1) Summary Results for all the Nodes (using the same data elements):  Used the date and then caption fields, using the data aggregation "count" for caption.  This gave me:

Date           Number of Devices (I changed name from Caption)                  <==== column header

12/31/18    20

02/28/19    13

2)  I added to Total Count to the report by using the Date field and just doing a aggregation "count".  This gave me:

Total devices per this report (again I changed the heading name)             <===== column header

If anyone has a better idea … I'd welcome input.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 9

Ok … I couldn't get exactly want I wanted.  Below is what I did.

Added to Content Sections to the report.

1) Summary Results for all the Nodes (using the same data elements):  Used the date and then caption fields, using the data aggregation "count" for caption.  This gave me:

Date           Number of Devices (I changed name from Caption)                  <==== column header

12/31/18    20

02/28/19    13

2)  I added to Total Count to the report by using the Date field and just doing a aggregation "count".  This gave me:

Total devices per this report (again I changed the heading name)             <===== column header

If anyone has a better idea … I'd welcome input.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos