This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WAN circuit utilization

Hello,

One of my customers is looking for a custom report showing the frequency of times and duration that their WAN circuits rose above 90% utilization. He would like to see the circuit name and how many times per day and per week that each circuit rose above the 90% utilization threshold. Would anyone have such a report or know how to create it?

Thank you,

David A. Ufer

• Are you just looking for a count - ie

NodeName     Number of times over 90%

NodeA          10

NodeB          4    

NodeC          0

Etc.

or a detailed report showing the date a time the breach occured as a list?

• Here is what I did for this although I'm certain there are multiple ways to tackle.  I wrote an alert every time circuit utilization exceeded X% for 30 minutes.  Then I wrote an NPM event that gave the following text RouterName Interface name currently has a bandwidth over X%.  I set this action to trigger every thirty minutes that the alert was active.  I then wrote a report that tallied up those event messages (I intentionally left of the actual percentage used so that I could tally like messages.  Would be very difficult to find like messages when I had one say 95% and one say 94% etc).

I then have current day, 7 day, and 30 day copies of that report. 

Capture.PNG

• Stuart, I am looking for a detailed report showign date and time of each occurance.

Mike, I'll look into that.

• Try this content share...should be easy to tweak to what you need..  change 60% to 90 and get rid of count...