This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SQL to report ALL IP Addresses on ALL Devices

What is the SQL required to pull all IP addresses configured on ANY interface managed in Solarwinds

The point is that Orion stores all IP addresses configured on a device. We need to pull those IP addresses for every device so we can use them in access rules

Thanks!

• I cant give you a statement of all interfaces, maybe because i dont have SolarWinds UDT.

But I can serve you a Statement to get all IP Adresses of all SolarWinds managed Nodes:

SELECT  [NodesData].[IP_Address], [NodesData].[Caption], [NodesData].[Description]

FROM    [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[NodesData]

• Right...I can get that as well, but if a router has 10 IP addresses configured on it's interfaces I want those as well...

• Here is an example of what I mean. This device has hundreds of IPs configured on it. I want to be able to pull all of the configured IPs on all devices:

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 10.15.21 AM.jpg

• I don't know if this will list all of those same IP addresses, or only the ones that are being monitored, but I took the above query and slightly modified it:

SELECT  IPAddresses.[IPAddress], Nodes.[Caption], Nodes.[Description]

FROM    [dbo].[NodesData] as Nodes

INNER JOIN [dbo].[NodeIPAddresses] as IPAddresses on IPAddresses.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID

I believe the IPAddresses table has all of the IPAddresses that Orion is aware of for Polling. IPAM has its own tables, for example. I checked the Discovery tables in case there's a difference, but I didn't see anything there that you wouldn't find in the Volumes/Nodes/Interfaces tables directly.

• Ok...

Why couldn’t I just do:

SELECT IPAddress from IPAddresses

All I need is a dump of IP addresses, no other node data

John Stipe

jstipe@iot.in.gov

• I think this is exactly what I need…thanks for sending me in the right direction:

SELECT IPAddresses.[IPAddress], Nodes.[Caption], Nodes.[Description]

FROM .[NodesData] as Nodes

INNER JOIN .[NodeIPAddresses] as IPAddresses on IPAddresses.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID