This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Report for Global Protect VPN Usage

Has anyone had any luck writing a report showing global protect VPN usage by users. 

• We were able to pull Global Protect User counts through a SAM Linux/Unix Script Monitor. If the info you need is available through the API this method may work for you. We tried using the built in API method but the results pulled are a mix of text and statistics, which isn't (as of yet) supported.

#Count of Prisma VPN Users

#!/bin/bash
    uri="">PANMGMTSERVER/.../
    stat=`curl -s -k -u s $credential $uri | grep Count | awk -F ">" '{print $7}' | awk -F "<" '{print $1}' | awk '{print $4}'`

echo Statistic.CloudVPNUsers:"$stat"
    #echo Message:"$stat"

• I got this info from someone else today.

I think it is the panGPGWUtilizationActiveTunnels OID.  You can find it in the PAN-COMMON-MIB.my file when you download from Palo Alto -- https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/resources/snmp-mib-files.html.

I was able to take this and come up with with the following iod:  1.3.6.1.4.1.25461.2.1.2.5.1.3  With this I was able to create a universal poller.  I'm running 8.1.x on my PA.