This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node Details URL in custom SQL Report

I make a lot of custom SQL reports now that the Web Report Designer allows me to publish them with more style than before.  However, I am not able to get the nice automatic Node Details links to appear for each returned Node.  I looked at several .OrionReport files and these all appear to have some complex XML formatting to handle the URL.  Thing is, the Custom Table editor has a "Display Setting" for "Display Page Link", but I keep getting the following error...

URL - 'Details Page Link' data presenter requires 'db|DetailsUrl' field(s) to be present within the datasource

What should I query and how should I format it to get this column to do what was available in the original Report Writer?

• Detrioter,

when available add in the nodes.detailsurl column then your page link will magically work. Nodes and interfaces has it but others might not- I have had some luck in building my own column and calling it detailsurl and working.

Which table is your custom SQL coming from?

• Is that a macro?  Nodes.DetailsURL is not a column in my Nodes table.  Below is a section on my query.  I union that with several other for Node alerts, APM alerts, etc.  i even built my own correct URL, but still cannot get it act as a hyperlink.

SELECT DISTINCT 

nodes.caption

--,'https://ORION-Web-Server/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:'+CAST(Nodes.NodeID as varchar(256)) as 'URL'

,[ObjectName]

,AlertDefinitions.AlertName

,[TriggerTimeStamp]

,nodes.Platform_Node_Contact as 'Platform Contact'

,volumes.Additional_Volume_Contact_1 as 'Additional Contact 1'

,volumes.Additional_Volume_Contact_2 as 'Additional Contact 2'

,volumes.Additional_Volume_Contact_3 as 'Additional Contact 3'

,convert(char(10), [TriggerTimeOffset] / (60 * 60 * 24))+':'+convert(char(10), dateadd(s, [TriggerTimeOffset], convert(datetime2, '0001-01-01')), 108)

FROM

[DL-Orion].[dbo].[AlertStatus]

,[DL-Orion].dbo.Volumes

,[DL-Orion].dbo.AlertDefinitions

,[DL-Orion].dbo.Nodes

where

(volumes.VolumeID = AlertStatus.ActiveObject

AND AlertStatus.ObjectType = 'Volume'

AND Nodes.NodeID = Volumes.NodeID

AND AlertStatus.AlertDefID = AlertDefinitions.AlertDefID

AND AlertStatus.Acknowledged != 1

)

• getting warmer - I was able to get yours to work with

SELECT DISTINCT

nodes.caption

,'/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:'+CAST(Nodes.NodeID as varchar(256)) as 'DetailsURL'

Then when you select columns skip the detailsurl or you can hide it - add Details Page Link display setting to your caption column and it should no longer complain since it finds a detailsURL column to pull from. LMK

• That got it.  So i was close with my concatenated URL string, i just included the HTTPS which was unneeded.

So now i have basically rewritten the EOC Alerts page to include all relevant custom properties and alert ages.

• So where are you entering these in EOC? A report and then embedded on a page?

• Correct.  I have all three of my Orion NPM/SAM instances connected as Linked Servers to my main instance.  From there i can use UNION ALL to query all of them at once for the same alert age/custom properties information and display it in a single report which I then embed on a custom view on the EOC page.

Here is a pic of the final report.  Each of the Contact column are pulling from the specific custom property table for the affected object (based on its ObjectType listing in the AlertStatus table). 

alert_dashboard.jpg

• Excellent - what about adding the instance name? , 'SolarwindsServerA' AS [Instance] …etc

Then you could group by instance if needed.

I just wish my version of EOC supported full SWQL custom resource...

• Well the more tables that are drawn from, the longer the report takes to generate.  Since i cannot create indexes on linked servers, there is not much I can do to optimize the query.  But since time is the driving factor, presorting on "Trigger Time Stamp" makes the most since.

I fully agree that the EOC is lagging behind the other products.  I previously had 4 nice reports that were separated out in nodes, Volumes, Application and hardware alerts, but because SAM custom properties are still unavailable in the EOC database, i had to come up with something else.  hence the rewriting of the alert page.  emoticons_happy.png

• Use the DetailsURL as sugested in this thread I can generate the column with the URL without issue, however, when I actually apply the detail link to done of the columns I recieve and error. The details of the error are as follows.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working for me?

Thank you!

• worked like a champ for me too for apps...specifically SSL Cert check apps...

,'/Orion/APM/ApplicationDetails.aspx?NetObject=AA:'+CAST(a.id as varchar(32)) as 'DetailsURL'