This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group availability counts unmanaged for % calculation

Hi all,

I've seen this around in other posts but not in a direct way or even with a solution, if there is any.

We use the availability report to get a weekly list of availability of our groups but it counts unmanaged as down, which doesn't make any sense in a report of this nature.

Is there any way to overcome this? I've tried Group Availability, Group Member Availability and it's all the same...

Has anyone out there produced any report like this that gives a real availability % of active nodes?

Thank you

• Wow. That seems like an oversight to me. I'd hit up Support to make sure that's not a bug and then if it isn't at least put in a feature request for it to change.

So it looks like there's two percent availabilities, one for the group itself and one for the group members. If you just need the group itself then it should be fine to just use PercentAvailability, otherwise you may need to do something custom for PercentMembersAvailability for your report.

My first thought is using a case statement and the Orion.ContainerMembers table (I'm doing this all through SWQL) to custom count it, there might be easier ways, but this is what came to mind first:

SELECT cm.Container.Name,

avg(case when status = 1 then 1 when status = 9 then 1 end) as [newavg]

FROM Orion.ContainerMembers cm

group by cm.Container.Name

• Hi

I did not undertsand the query

I am also facing Similar challenges in My Environment.

I wish to report on Group member availability including Un managed Time. 
    i can see my report shows Group members availability 99.XX% but Individual Node shows 100% available.

I wish to report true availability based on Group as I have big environment ~1000 Network Devices.

Requesting you suggest meaning of 1 and 9 .in query

Thanks

• Hi

Did you get solution. I am also facing similar issue. Please help