This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Create report listing Node names, IP addresses, MAC addresses, and Custom Property field??

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to SolarWinds and this is my first time trying to produce a report for someone in our organization. Our lead SolarWinds admin isn't here forthe rest of the week and I have VERY little experience with Solarwinds so far, and I'm having a terrible time trying to find out how to generate this report successfully. I need to have the following fields for each node: Node name, IP address, MAC address, and a custom property field ("City" [physical location of node]) that we're using. I've tried poking around through our reports section, tried creating reports with these fields, and I just can't seem to generate the details I need. I haven't had any luck searching Thwack nor Google for finding answers to this, so if someone wouldn't mind providing a little guidance I sure would appreciate it a bunch! Sorry for the ignorance here emoticons_happy.png

• Follow the below steps from your solarwinds console,

Go to Manage reports-->Click on new report--> Add Custom Table

pastedImage_0.png

Select I want to report no Node.

pastedImage_1.png

if you have any specific condition that you want to report on click add condition fill those details, If not click submit

pastedImage_2.png

Click on Add columns,

Select the columns whichever you wanted to see in reports and select add column.

pastedImage_3.png

Follow the wizard and your report is ready.

• Thanks so much for the detailed response with screen shots.... that was extremely helpful! Those were actually the exact steps I navigated my way through before making this post, but I guess the first couple of MAC address fields I chose when adding the columns weren't the correct fields, as very few MAC addresses were displaying. The only problem now is that each node name is listed multiple times, each with a different MAC address (same IP address though). Sounds like I still may be grabbing the wrong MAC address field. We have many that show up when I search for "mac" in the Available Columns screen. I think I may just wait for our lead admin to return on Monday at this point because I'm sure he knows which MAC Address field of ours I should be using. Thanks again for the help though!

• Is there a way to gather this report for 1 node (switch) only??