This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Compare Running Config of Two Nodes

Does anyone have a report template which would allow me to compare the running config of two Cisco routers?

• This would be out of the box functionality in Network Configuration Manager (NCM)

• Okay.  Could you be a little more helpful?  Which report is it?  I looked through the default reports and I don't see one which allows me to compare the running configs of two routers.

• Hi Bobwpg,

Going on a few assumptions here, that you have a recent version of NPM/NCM and that your question is pending.

Step 1. Navigate to the Solarwinds website and hover over 'My Dashboards'

Step 2. Hover over 'Configs' and select the 'Configuration Management' option.

pastedImage_0.png

Step 3: Search for the routers in question, once identified select them both by checking the box to the left.

pastedImage_1.png

Step 4. Select 'Compare Node(s) Configs' and then select 'Compare Node(s) Configs' again. Once you make this selection Solarwinds will compare the configs for you based on the date of the config you select.

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks,

David

• Can we create alerting on this?

Suppose there are two devices: Primary and Secondary. So some changes are done on Primary but not on secondary.

Ideally, both devices should have same config. Hence, we are looking for alerting on this.

Thanks in Advance...!!!