This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Active Users VPN Report on Cisco ASA

I'm having trouble creating a report on three of our Cisco ASAs to report the Active Users on Remote VPN.  I can see the stats on the details page, but I'm not able to get anything back either in a chart or table on the report writer. I'm closing it to report data on ASA node over the last 24 hours and then doing a Node Name match on the three nodes using an OR filter.  On the table I'm selecting "Active Users".  When I preview the report it comes back with a "activity not found".

Has anyone got it to work?

• I copied the out of the box report:"VPN Remote Access Tunnel History - Last 24 Hours"

And added "session state = 1'.

monitoringlife_0-1585598967401.png

• Try this post

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/NPM-Discussions/Monitoring-used-vs-available-Remote-VPN-users-on-Cisco-ASA-in/m-p/585274#M145689

There are some other similar ones as well

Below is the Legacy Custom Poller 

Save code in the ** below as CiscoASANumberOfSessions.UnDP then import it on your Orion server, not the web.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <CustomPollers version="9.0">
    <CustomPoller UniqueName="CiscoASANumberOfSessions" Description="The number of currently active sessions. &#xD;&#xA; &#xD;&#xA; A session is a connection terminating on the managed &#xD;&#xA; entity which has been established to provide remote &#xD;&#xA; access connectivity to a user. A session is said to be &#xD;&#xA; 'active' if it is ready to carry application traffic &#xD;&#xA; between the user and the managed entity. A session which &#xD;&#xA; is not active is defined to be 'dormant'." OID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.1" MIB="CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB:crasNumSessions" SNMPGetType="GetNext" NetObjectPrefix="N" GroupName="Cisco ASA VPN" PollerType="R" Parser="Gauge" IncludeHistory="True" Unit="" TimeUnitId="0" TimeUnitQuantity="0" DefaultDisplayTimeUnitId="0" Formula="" LabelType="" LabelDetail="">
    <Enumerations />
    </CustomPoller>
    <CustomPoller UniqueName="CiscoASANumberOfUsers" Description="The number of users who have active sessions." OID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.3" MIB="CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB:crasNumUsers" SNMPGetType="GetNext" NetObjectPrefix="N" GroupName="Cisco ASA VPN" PollerType="R" Parser="Gauge" IncludeHistory="True" Unit="" TimeUnitId="0" TimeUnitQuantity="0" DefaultDisplayTimeUnitId="0" Formula="" LabelType="" LabelDetail="">
    <Enumerations />
    </CustomPoller>
    </CustomPollers>

Here is the SWQL query that works with that custom poller:

SELECT TOP 10000 DisplayName, NodeID, AssignmentName, CurrentValue, ID, CustomPollerName

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

Where DisplayName LIKE 'CiscoASANumberOfSessions'

• I am looking more for a count which is what I have on a PerfStack dashboard I made.  I have the OID that is referenced in that link you posted and had no problem getting a report created for that.  I just can't seem to get a chart or a table with the data that is on this PerfStack dashboard.

bharris1_0-1585603905201.png

• I know this is an old post but with the help of our SQL guys we were able to create a report showing the max vpn user count for the day.   This query uses a custom poller.  The query is in UTC time so I will need to work on that. 

The OID I used to create the poller is   1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.3

SELECT [Status], [DateTime]
    from dbo.CustomPollerStatistics_Detail tm
    join (
    select CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) as [Date]
    , max([Status]) as [MaxUsers]
    from dbo.CustomPollerStatistics_Detail tm
    where tm.CustomPollerAssignmentID = '98C0CC90-B014-4721-A84A-027A2A064527'
    --and CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) = dateadd(day,datediff(day,1,GETDATE()),0)
    group by CONVERT(Date,[DateTime])
    ) tm2 ON (tm2.[Date] = CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) AND tm2.MaxUsers = tm.[Status])

Max_VPN_User Count       DateTime
    2288                                   2020-06-16 18:02:37.837
    2284                                   2020-06-17 20:35:21.147
    2297                                   2020-06-18 15:35:21.927
    2210                                   2020-06-19 13:55:37.790

• Hi,

Go to undp poller and click on custom poller u created under advance option click get value or get table you will start getting table format.
    Or u can create a custom table in dashboard view by selecting custom poller name and create table format view by selecting a time frame of much historical data you want to show in the view.