cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 14

Active Users VPN Report on Cisco ASA

I'm having trouble creating a report on three of our Cisco ASAs to report the Active Users on Remote VPN.  I can see the stats on the details page, but I'm not able to get anything back either in a chart or table on the report writer. I'm closing it to report data on ASA node over the last 24 hours and then doing a Node Name match on the three nodes using an OR filter.  On the table I'm selecting "Active Users".  When I preview the report it comes back with a "activity not found".

Has anyone got it to work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 12

I know this is an old post but with the help of our SQL guys we were able to create a report showing the max vpn user count for the day.   This query uses a custom poller.  The query is in UTC time so I will need to work on that. 

The OID I used to create the poller is   1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.3

SELECT [Status], [DateTime]
from dbo.CustomPollerStatistics_Detail tm
join (
select CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) as [Date]
, max([Status]) as [MaxUsers]
from dbo.CustomPollerStatistics_Detail tm
where tm.CustomPollerAssignmentID = '98C0CC90-B014-4721-A84A-027A2A064527'
--and CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) = dateadd(day,datediff(day,1,GETDATE()),0)
group by CONVERT(Date,[DateTime])
) tm2 ON (tm2.[Date] = CONVERT(Date,[DateTime]) AND tm2.MaxUsers = tm.[Status])

Max_VPN_User Count       DateTime
2288                                   2020-06-16 18:02:37.837
2284                                   2020-06-17 20:35:21.147
2297                                   2020-06-18 15:35:21.927
2210                                   2020-06-19 13:55:37.790

0 Kudos
Level 16

Try this post

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/NPM-Discussions/Monitoring-used-vs-available-Remote-VPN-users-on-Ci...

There are some other similar ones as well

Below is the Legacy Custom Poller 

Save code in the ** below as CiscoASANumberOfSessions.UnDP then import it on your Orion server, not the web.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CustomPollers version="9.0">
<CustomPoller UniqueName="CiscoASANumberOfSessions" Description="The number of currently active sessions. &#xD;&#xA; &#xD;&#xA; A session is a connection terminating on the managed &#xD;&#xA; entity which has been established to provide remote &#xD;&#xA; access connectivity to a user. A session is said to be &#xD;&#xA; 'active' if it is ready to carry application traffic &#xD;&#xA; between the user and the managed entity. A session which &#xD;&#xA; is not active is defined to be 'dormant'." OID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.1" MIB="CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB:crasNumSessions" SNMPGetType="GetNext" NetObjectPrefix="N" GroupName="Cisco ASA VPN" PollerType="R" Parser="Gauge" IncludeHistory="True" Unit="" TimeUnitId="0" TimeUnitQuantity="0" DefaultDisplayTimeUnitId="0" Formula="" LabelType="" LabelDetail="">
<Enumerations />
</CustomPoller>
<CustomPoller UniqueName="CiscoASANumberOfUsers" Description="The number of users who have active sessions." OID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.392.1.3.3" MIB="CISCO-REMOTE-ACCESS-MONITOR-MIB:crasNumUsers" SNMPGetType="GetNext" NetObjectPrefix="N" GroupName="Cisco ASA VPN" PollerType="R" Parser="Gauge" IncludeHistory="True" Unit="" TimeUnitId="0" TimeUnitQuantity="0" DefaultDisplayTimeUnitId="0" Formula="" LabelType="" LabelDetail="">
<Enumerations />
</CustomPoller>
</CustomPollers>

Here is the SWQL query that works with that custom poller:

SELECT TOP 10000 DisplayName, NodeID, AssignmentName, CurrentValue, ID, CustomPollerName

FROM Orion.NPM.CustomPollerAssignmentOnNode

Where DisplayName LIKE 'CiscoASANumberOfSessions'

0 Kudos
Level 12

I copied the out of the box report:"VPN Remote Access Tunnel History - Last 24 Hours"

And added "session state = 1'.

monitoringlife_0-1585598967401.png

0 Kudos

I am looking more for a count which is what I have on a PerfStack dashboard I made.  I have the OID that is referenced in that link you posted and had no problem getting a report created for that.  I just can't seem to get a chart or a table with the data that is on this PerfStack dashboard.

bharris1_0-1585603905201.png

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to undp poller and click on custom poller u created under advance option click get value or get table you will start getting table format.
Or u can create a custom table in dashboard view by selecting custom poller name and create table format view by selecting a time frame of much historical data you want to show in the view.
0 Kudos