cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Pingdom Web Check Navigation

Jump to solution

The answer to this question is probably the difference between my company expanding use of Pingdom vs terminating use of Pingdom.

I have many links in a hierarchical structure.  Using Inspect + Copy Selector shows that 2 of these are differentiated as follows:

#mainContent > div > div.find-wrap.clearfix > div.find-column.first > div > ul > li:nth-child(1) > a

#mainContent > div > div.find-wrap.clearfix > div.find-column.first > div > ul > li:nth-child(2) > a

I would like the webcheck to go to a specific one of these and retrieve data.

However putting this command into a webcheck does not work:

Click  #mainContent > div > div.find-wrap.clearfix > div.find-column.first > div > ul > li:nth-child(2) > a

Can a Pingdom check get me where I want to go?  If not, what is the ETA on addressing?

Thanks, Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello Brian, thanks for reaching out. Is this for a transaction check?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yes, for a transaction check.

step 1-- go to site

step 2-- login in

step 3-- go to certain area of site through however many steps

--- this is the portion where getting some places is challenging.

---is it possible to use the href rather than the selector for clicking?   --- I know I want to go here next (href="https://thwack.solarwinds.com/BalSheet/IETrends.aspx?entity=3782) , it is just the hierarchy that is causing confusion for Pingdom.

step 4-- validate something

step 5-- logout

0 Kudos

This should work. Would you mind if I reach out to you directly on Monday? We also having something in the works that will make our transaction checks much easier to build.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello Brian, thanks for reaching out. Is this for a transaction check?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos